Grant Park Neighborhood Association

The GPNA Meeting Minutes

Grant Park Neighborhood Association
Board Meeting
Grant Park Church
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 6:30pm

In attendance:

Board Members in attendance:
Geoff Hyde
Merryl Mix
Kate Davenport
Mary Cal Hanson
Cori Jacobs
Guests:
Greg Sneller

Agenda: moved to approve, seconded and unanimously approved
Minutes from the January 6th, 2009 board meeting were approved with no abstentions or nay votes. Elizabeth, Liz and Ron all had prior engagements and were not able to attend. Katie chose to preside over this meeting. The next general meeting agenda was established and approved.

Newsletter:
Katie went over the articles and timetable for the next newsletter along w/ a separate flyer for the GPNA Clean Up on May 9th, 2009

Clean-Up:
Cori has the haulers all lined up. Went to a NE community wide Clean Up meeting. The reimbursement is reduced from $1000.00 in '08 to $650.00 for '09. She will seek to advertise the Clean Up and place signs about a week prior to Clean Up.
Electronics can go to the Goodwill drop boxes at Fred Meyers. Will f/u w/ Free Geek Mary Cal will check in w/ GHS re: volunteers and cones if needed.
Post Clean Up party: will get some pizza, soda, soft drinks & cookies or cupcakes from 1:30pm for all volunteers.

Project Linkage: Neighbors in the GPN who might be able to assist those neighbors who would have difficulty getting to the Clean Up. We can direct older, infirm neighbors to contact them.

ONI: we as a group need to fill out postcards that should be coming in the mail to keep the budget the same for future neighborhood clean up activities. We might also want to consider some of the grants available to supplement the Clean Ups in the future.

Grant Park Kiosk:
Geoff found out that GPNA can build their own or have PPR. The City will get back to Geoff re: costs and design options

Community Garden:
It was brought to our attention that the empty lot at 17th & NE Broadway could be a possible lot for the community garden. Sullivan's Gulch NA has been exploring this option.

COMMITTEE REPORTS

Treasury:
Merryl passed out the current report with an ending balance of $4,533.58. A motion was made to pay GPBC $100.00 per newsletter extra to justify the printing of the newsletter at the church. This motion was unanimously approved by the GPNA board members.

Land Use:
Geoff reported that there is a community Nature-scaping and Rain garden workshop. Class info can be found at http://www.emswcd.org.

Grant Park Bowl is still influx and seems to be moving ahead w/o much input or info from/for the public. The City of Portland is also trying to change the definitions re: Park usage w/o any public input. This could make effect how the Great Parks process.

New Business:
A neighbor also approached one of the board members re: Increasing number of signs on the GPBC property. Merryl will contact Greg to see about this issue.

Board member responsibilities for chairing meetings:

  • email reminder to other board members w/ agenda attached
  • check with Greg at GPBC re: room availability
  • agenda
  • speakers/guests (time allotments)
  • chair general meetings
  • pick chair for next meeting

Merryl will contact our police liaison for the next meeting.
Mary Cal will chair the next general meeting (4/28/09).
Meeting adjourned at 8:15 pm. Board members found themselves locked in the church!

Meeting adjourned at 8:15pm
Minutes taken by Mary Cal Hanson

|

In the 'Hood

About GPNA

Other Info


This site: GrantPark-NA.org, is maintained by the Grant Park Neighborhood Association, Portland, OR.
© Copyright 2005. All rights rerserved.