The GPNA Meeting Minutes
Grant Park Neighborhood Association
Grant Park Church
Tuesday, January 3, 2006 7:00pm
The Meeting was chaired by Ron Laster
Old Business/Committee Reports:
- Treasurer's Report - No Treasurer's Report.
- Grant Bowl - The Grant Bowl ad hoc committee will meet with Portland Parks on 01/04/06, at the Holywood Wine Bar to get more information and there will be an open house on 01/18/06 for the neighborhoods to find out about the proposed project.
As a board we need to decide how we will get adequate input from and representation for the Grant Park neighborhood so that we can make our recommendation. Putting a response form and envelope in the newsletter was discussed, but without a quorum the discussion was tabled for a later meeting.
Some of the known issues are:
- taxes - support
- lighting - effect
- lighting - operation costs
- general park demeanor
- Meetings - the current meeting schedule puts meetings on inconvenient dates and/or holidays. We need to discuss and possibly revise the future meetings. Our next meeting is currently scheduled for 02/14/06 (Valentine's Day). Since this meeting will include the election of officers for 2006, it was decided to move it back to an easier to attend date. 02/28/06 was selected.
- Officers - All officers need to be elected or re-elected at the next General meeting, so we need to confirm a slate for the newsletter. The minimum necessary are: President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary and Communications. Ron Laster will contact current officers and board members to see who is interested in continuing and/or running before the next newsletter. Ron would like to continue as our NECN deligate.
- Newsletter - Based on the re-designated General Meeting date, the newsletter content needs to be to Katie by 02/05 and to Ron by 02/10. Content will include: Grant Bowl; Albina Fuel; crime; a thank you to Sally Baker for newsletter delivery; sewer abatement; the election. Other possible issues: new neighborhood cleanup; park issues; Grant High School.
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 at 7pm
Grant Park Church
In the 'Hood